introduce yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down

introduce yourself

Post  Admin/Cali on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey girlies,
so I'm hoping that a lot of us migrated from the old site and I'm also seeing a lot of new faces ( Very Happy ) so thats lovely. I thought we might kick off a bit of an introduction session and a get to know you better session for those of us that are old foggies.

so a bit about me:
I live in the U.S (Colorado, specifically)
I'm 16
I am 5'5 ish
I weigh 118 lbs (again ish)
I was Cali on the old site but I haven't figured out this new site yet so for now I am admin Sad
My favorite food is cereal and whole wheat bread cause I'm a carb fanatic No
I love the movie diving bell and the butterfly and my favorite book is Special Topics in Calamity physics
my favorite kind of exercise is the elyptical (spelling?) and running- specifically in the graveyard by my house cause I'm a creep. I also ski as any good colorado girl does.
I've lost a good deal of weight and my goal weight is around 107.

I think thats it.

Also, any suggestions for the site are more than welcome. I have zero clue what I'm doing and made this forum out of desperation for the old website. Its not as organized as it should be but I'm trying to figure it out. If anyone has idea or anything let me know. I really want this site to be good, even if its just a sub until the 1st skinny gurl furm can come back. Much love!
-Cali/Admin
Admin/Cali
Admin

View user profile http://skinnygurls.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: introduce yourself

Post  ellen on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm from Sydney and i'm 6 foot and about 63kg :S ergh
I like to eat a lot and that's my biggest battle because the exercise is something that I really enjoy, but i'm working on it Smile my gw is about 59 - 60 with muscle tone etc Smile
I like to run and cycle and I also enjoy yoga in the mornings after a run as I feel really satisfied and happy for the day. And I seem to eat less...
Anyway I have lost about 6kg so far so i'm doing pretty well eating 1200kcal a day and exercising to burn off about 500-600 Smile
I love to read and my favourite novel is Catcher in the Rye, and I love Sonic Youth also Smile I think abbey-lee is so beautiful, but I'd really love to have Jessica Alba's body
And I don't know what to write now!
ellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  audrey on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi girls!
I'm 16 and from Australia.
im 5'9 and weigh about 56-57 depending on the day.
i'd like to get down to 50kg, but im finding it hard because my dad doesn't quite grasp the concept that no, everything does not in fact taste better deep fired Shocked
i really like doing yoga(from home at the moment), so im thinking i'll join a class soon if i find one that i could afford on a weekly basis.

i also think abbey-lee is amazing!

audrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brittany on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:38 am

Hello i'm 17 and live in the united states( New York)
I am 5'5 and currently weigh 113 pounds
I really enjoy playing volleyball and doing yoga and pilates
I also hope to someday move to sweden in the next 2 years(hopefullyy!)

Brittany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  May on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 am

Wow! So many Aussie girls here.
Well hey there. I was on the old site... They call me May, I also live in Australia. I am 15. I have a boyfriend who actually LOVES eating, and making me eat.. And his sister is really into cooking as well :S. I love running, I always feel so much better after and just in general when I do or even just doing exercise in general. I'm 5'5" and I weigh about 127.. Which is kinda a lot but I'm working on it, trust me Smile
@Audrey
Yours and my dad both! My dad is REALLY into butter, like wow he uses a lot of butter.

May

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Irene on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:09 pm

I was on the old site as well....
except I never posted an intro haha

Anyway, I'm 5'5" hw 121lbs, cw 115-117?
generally ~110lbs, gained quite a bit this summer due to general unhappiness
wanting to get to 100lbs

Irene

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:37 am

i'm the new one, my name is Kira, live in Poland
my 'numbers' 178cm, 58kg
i don't like sports except yoga and long walks. i love all kind of fresh fruits and veggies.
my free time usually spend with friend.
i love music, for exemple: Pixies, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth (hi ellen), PJ Harvey, Bjork, David Bowie, Patti Smith, Jack White, Damien Rice, The Beatles, Crystal Castles, CAN, Kult, Dżem and more...
thought it'd be nice to talk to someone who won't jude me as a skinny freak:)
Kira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 am

Hi i'm new too Smile

I'm 18, from New Zealand, just started at University this year ><
I did ballet for a million years until i had to stop because of an injury so i've always been VERY conscious of what my body looks like..

Im 5'7"
CW: 49kgs
HW: 56kgs
LW: 44kgs
GW: 45kgs

So happy that i've found people to talk to that won't think I'm completely ridiculous because I don't want to stuff my face and overeat..pig
xx
Very Happy
Allie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kindaskinny on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:26 am

i was on the old site but only posted twice! loved reading it.

I'm 16
Irish
5'11"
and 60 kgs, really tryin to get that down to 56 but i've already lost 4 so im happy with that.
Glad that i've found a place where i wont get abuse for being health concious!

kindaskinny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rainbow on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:48 am

Hi Girls,
I am also new and love the site I found it through skinnygossip.
I am 18 and also from Australia!
I am 6ft and about 64kg, aiming for 60 at first then maybe a bit lower depending.
I am a sweet tooth and love things like breads, wraps and biscuits but i have been working hard not to over indulge!
So far I have lost about 4kg .....and put it back on over my holiday then lost it again lol never again!
I usually excersise with our cross trainer or running but found it was making my calves bulk up so I am trying ballet inspired excersises atm. Fingers crossed!
I am still in high school and so live with my parants and thier eating habits can make it hard for me to, I just try to avoid them when they bring home bad food and go for a walk or ride.

@Ellen I freaking love Sonic Youth!
A few years ago I got really into the early 90's Seattle scene for a while which lead me to them, sooooo much better then whats on the charts!
@Kira your musical tastes are also mighty fine!

In addition to Sonic Youth I love Nirvana, My Bloody Valentine, Manic Street Preachers early stuff, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Libertines, Belle and Sebastian, Robots In Disguise, The Cure, White Stripes, Joy Division, Rage Against The Machine John Butler Trio... the list could go on...I will stop now...

As you can see I love music, I also love clothes and making or altering them.
I would love to be a model or a Rock star but as I am neither skinny enough and am much to shy i am settling to study Forensic science next year...maybe after a trip to London if I get enough money!

Thanks for the site!

rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ellen on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Yes they are so so so much better! I saw them in Sydney in 2008 and it was the most amazing concert i've ever been to!
We also have really similar stats and goals Smile I live at home too and i find it hard with my parents because my mum is convinced that morning tea, afternoon tea and dessert are essential aspects of a healthy diet... errrr what do people do to avoid that?
ellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skinnybananas on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:06 am

Wow there are a lot of new people! I was on the old site, but it took me a while to finally make an account on here.

Anyways, a bit about me:
I'm 16.
I live in the US.
I'm about 4'11, just under 5 ft tall (about 151 cm, I think).
My highest weight was around 103 lbs (47 kg).
I'm currently around 94 lbs (43 kg).
My current goal weight is 85 lbs (38.5 kg).
I really don't get much exercise. I don't even have PE at school anymore.
I'm really nerdy, so school and homework has been taking up all my time (since I keep procrastinating).
I like to view dieting as a kind of math problem, what with all the calorie counting and such. I seriously have my calculator out most of them time to do weight and height conversions, lol.
Like Ellen and Audrey, I really love Abbey Lee.
Like Ellen again, I love The Catcher in the Rye.
J.D. Salinger's my absolute favorite writer. I just bought one of his books, Rise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters and Seymore: An Introduction, today. (I've already read all his other books.)
I'm also really into music. At the moment, however, I'm a bit lost in the music scene, and not the good kind of lost. I really don't know what I want to listen to lately.
I eat around 1500 calories a day.
Like Cali, I love cereal and bread. I bring a bag of cereal and a sandwich to school everyday.

Guess that's it. And I just want to say I love these little intro things. It makes me realize how much I have in common with you girls!

skinnybananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi Rainbow!

Post  Kira on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:10 am

haha. haven't thought i could find people with such a similar taste in here. i already like U all:)
Kira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ellen on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm

I didn't think so either! Smile and i love your music taste kira Smile
ellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rainbow on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:00 am

I am sooo jealous of you Ellen!
Haha Hi Kira!
Its awesome that some of us have so much in common, rather then just weight goals,
I didn't expect it at all.

rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Hello, I'm from Mexico!
I'm 17, 5'4 and 120lbs ...want to get to 100lbs
Hope to get some motivation here! Smile

Mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down